finally after 3 days I got Palava running on my server.
It was a hell of a trip because Palava depends on Ruby.
Since the first time I had contect with this language I didn't liked it and now I kind of hate it.
The concept behind ruby is a bit like Arch (which I love) but the realisation is the worst possible.
Here a short introduction to the concept:
The one thing that's missing is a place and a quality assessment for often used modules (= extra & community repo in Arch).
That is why there are many module definitions at rubygems.org which have out-dated dependencies like ruby-rake, ruby-rdoc or rubygems already found in the core.
Also the content of the yanl-files which define the environment (dependencies, licenses, …) of a module (= PKGBUILD on Arch) are far from being similiar and complete.
The worst things I found while struggling with writing and building PKGBUILDs for Ruby modules were:
But hey, I got it working at the end. :D
If you want to try it have a look at https://palava.andrwe.org.
If you want to build it yourself because you don't trust the packages found in my repository then have a look at my documentation.
BTW I found some bugs in Palava and Arch-scripts, too: